Welcome to lynx!
Lynx is a locally owned and totally independent bus operator in West Norfolk. The company was set up by a small group of local people who have many years’ experience of running quality bus services in Norfolk. Our first route started on 26th January 2015 numbered '35' and still operates between King's Lynn and Hunstanton via Dersingham, Snettisham and Heacham.
Since then we've expanded significantly covering new areas such as Wells-next-the-Sea, Fakenham, Downham Market, Wisbech, Marham and many other locations too! To see where our routes operate to and from simply look at our network map.
Our new website
We’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our new website which includes many new useful features. You can use the journey planner to plan your journey with us (and other bus companies too!), look up the fare for your journey and track our buses in real time as well!
Our promise to you...
We will do our utmost to ensure that our bus services are attractive, in terms of price and quality and hence provide a real alternative to the private car and thus help reduce congestion and pollution in West Norfolk. We feel we can do this in a number of ways:
- Providing a punctual and reliable bus services - of course we may suffer from delays caused by traffic congestion, accidents and we may even suffer from the odd technical glitch but we will do our very best to ensure that the service you receive from lynx is second to none. Our buses are scheduled so there is enough time at the end of each journey so that our drivers have time to ensure that the next departure runs on time. If we ever let you down and it's our fault please let us know and we’ll arrange for you to have your next trip on us!
- Providing a clean bus - We think it's vitally important that our buses are clean inside and out so that the environment you travel in is attractive and clean. Our buses are cleaned thoroughly inside and out every day.
- Friendly staff - You can expect to be welcomed aboard a lynx bus and thanked for travelling with us when you alight, likewise if you contact us by telephone, social media or email we'll ensure we do our very best to help you in a friendly, polite and prompt manner. After all we really want to see you travelling on our services again in the future!
- We'll listen to you - We'll try our very best to provide a bus service that meets most customers needs, unfortunately we can never keep everyone happy but we'll promise to listen to any suggestions you have about our services and respond to you accordingly.
- Providing good value for money fares - The cost of providing bus services has increased significantly over the years for many reasons but we will always ensure that our fares, especially longer term ticketing options, represent good value for money when compared to other modes of transport. Travelling by bus is sustainable in the long term so we'd love you to travel with us!
Basically we'd love you to give us a try and tell us what you think about what we offer!